The Competitions Chair of GECCO 2019 invites domain experts to submit proposals for organizing a competition at GECCO 2019. The deadline for this, which is NON-EXTENSIBLE, is as follows:
- Proposals for competitions: November 7, 2018
Competitions demonstrate how Evolutionary Computation and related techniques can be utilized in challenging practical, real-world and gaming settings. They also enable fair comparisons between algorithms and (for recurrent competitions) provide the possibility to follow the development of approaches over time.
Competition Proposal Submission Instruction
Each competition proposal should include:
- A half-page abstract (plain text) that includes: competition title, the name and affiliation of the organizer(s), and a description of the competition. If the competition has been held before, then also provide the web address of last edition and what you will change, in case you plan any changes.
- In addition, you can voluntarily provide your thoughts on the following items:
- sourcing of prizes
- judging process
- think about newcomers: can you provide tutorials (incl. videos) to make the entrance easier?
- think about the eventual sharing of submitted algorithms and their descriptions
There is the option of publishing descriptions of algorithms (2 pages per algorithm) as part of a companion volume to the conference proceedings in the ACM Digital library. The competition organizers decide whether they want to offer this to the competition participants. The deadline for these algorithm descriptions will be in April 2019, and they will be reviewed by the respective competition organizers.
Competition proposals should be submitted by e-mail to the GECCO 2019 Competitions Chair:
University of Adelaide, Australia
Email: markus.wagner (at) adelaide.edu.au
Competition proposals will be reviewed by the Competitions Chair and other members of the GECCO 2019 organizing committee. Final decisions will be made based on GECCO attendees' and competitors' likely interest, the breadth and depth of the topic(s), and the expertise and credentials of the organizer(s).
The outcome of the review process is scheduled to be announced on December 5, 2018.