The Tutorials Chair of GECCO 2019 invites domain experts to submit proposals for presenting a tutorial at GECCO 2019. The deadline for this, which is NON-EXTENSIBLE, is as follows:
- Proposals for tutorials: November 7, 2018
- Acceptance Decision: December 5, 2018
Tutorials at GECCO will be presented by domain experts to cover current topics relevant to evolutionary computation researchers and practitioners. Each tutorial will be 110 minutes long. We encourage the inclusion of interactive activities and demos.
Tutorials will be free to all GECCO attendees. It is expected that all the instructors involved in a tutorial will attend the conference. One instructor/presenter of each accepted tutorial will get a discounted registration. (The discount can be divided among tutorial instructors if there are more than one. Each presenter is eligible for only a single tutorial discount, i.e., it is not possible to aggregate discounts from more tutorials).
Accepted tutorials' slide sets will be published as part of a companion volume to the conference proceedings in the ACM Digital library.
Each tutorial proposal should include:
- A half-page extended abstract (in plain text) that includes: the title of the tutorial, the name and affiliation of the instructor(s), and a description of the tutorial scope, content and expected level of knowledge of the intended audience.
- Short bio of the instructor(s) (about half page in plain text).
- [Highly encouraged] A description of any interactive activity or demo planned within the tutorial presentation.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted by e-mail to the GECCO 2019 Tutorials Chair:
Université du Littoral Côte d'Opale, Calais, France
Email: verel at univ-littoral.fr
Tutorial proposals will be reviewed by the Tutorials Chair and other members of the GECCO 2019 organizing committee. Final decisions will be made based on GECCO attendees' likely interest, the breadth and depth of the topic(s), and the expertise and credentials of the instructor(s).
The outcome of the review process is scheduled to be announced on December 5, 2018.
The deadline for your tutorial material submission is April 17, 2019, which should be submitted through the GECCO 2019 submission system.